Ever experienced that feel of beachy waves after you swim in the fresh ocean?
Even though it’s not summer yet, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the look of fresh, textured waves.
This DIY sea salt texturising spray is easy to make with lasting results.*
- 1 cup of hot water (not boiling!)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon hair gel
- ½ teaspoon coconut/tropical scented conditioner
- Optional: a few drops of tea tree oil
- Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon juice to lighten hair (Note: if you add lemon juice you might need to add a few drops of alcohol just to preserve it)
How to Make:
- Get a spray bottle; you can get these cheap ($5 – $10) from pharmacies or department stores like Kmart.
- Put the hot water in the spray bottle and add the salt, hair gel, conditioner, oil and lemon juice.
- Put the cap on the bottle and shake for 1-2 minutes or until salt is dissolved.
*Will last 3-4 months if kept in room temperature conditions.
**Feel free to alter amounts and types of ingredients to suit your hair type. Everyone’s hair is different so some people’s hair could tolerate more salt without drying out, and with others you may need to add extra oil to counteract the dryness.