1. Clay is softened by hand to make it easy to shape.
2. Each piece is baked at optimum temperatures, ensuring they’re baked perfectly.
3. After baking process, each piece is checked, sanded and polished as required before adding the final touches.
4. Quality adhesives and varnishes are used to seal the metallic foil to the clay.
5. Each piece is left to dry for 48 hours before being attached to a necklace chain.
– High-grade clay is sourced from America. The clay used has been specifically designed to be durable and strong enough for jewellery making.
– Metals and findings are also sourced from America (not China). Metals used are either Rose Gold Filled, Yellow Gold Filled or Sterling Silver.
Gold Filled is a quality layered gold product and is legally required to contain 5% of gold by weight. Gold Filled does not peel like plated jewellery and nor does it tarnish.
Is Gold Filled the same as Gold Plate?
No, Gold Plating is a minuscule layer of solid gold applied to a brass base. It is estimated to be 0.05% or less of the metal product. Gold Plating wears off quickly and does not stand up to heat or wear over time. By comparison, Gold Filled contains 5% gold by weight; moreover, all the gold is on the surface which offers product protection from tarnish and wear.