If you haven’t yet heard of ChatGPT where have you been hiding? This incredibly fascinating, brilliant, scary chatbot has made its way into my everyday life. I’ve started to ask it the same questions I’d ask Google. But, unlike Google, ChatGPT generates an ideal response to your query as if you were asking your question directly to an expert.
Before going into detail about what I asked ChatGPT to include in this blog post, here are two fascinating examples of how these famous people used ChatGPT for their muse.
Jordon Peterson, an academic who’s highly accurate and extremely meticulous, shares his experience when he asked it to write a 13th rule for one of his existing books, titled 12 Rules for Life. He wasn’t able to tell the difference between the bot vs himself writing this chapter which was written in 3 seconds!
Ryan Renolds asked ChatGPT to write a script he could use for a commercial for a telco company he owns. He was shocked at how accurately the script was created in his tone of voice.
One of the first things I was curious about was if this tool could help pump out useful content I could use for my blog. Secondly, how good would it be to use on my website if it could? So, after inputting this question, “I want to know the pros and cons of using you to write content for my blog” this is what ChatGPT generated in seconds!
The advantages of using ChatGPT to help you create content:
1. Speed: One of the biggest advantages of using ChatGPT is the speed at which it can generate content. For instance, generating content, a page long takes seconds, which is life-changing if you have a lot of content to produce!
2. Consistency: Another advantage is that it can help you maintain consistency in your writing by suggesting words and phrases similar to what you’ve used in the past. This can ensure that your writing style remains consistent over time.
It’s important to note that while ChatGPT can help with consistency, it doesn’t replace a human writer. Therefore, I had to read over the content the bot generated to check for the creativity and personal touches I would naturally include in my content. Then, revise the text generated, making sure it aligns with your writing style and the context of your blog.
3. Variety: ChatGPT can quickly generate unique content on various topics. This can be especially helpful if you’re a blogger who writes about multiple subjects and wants to generate content on various topics quickly and easily.
ChatGPT creates content based on patterns learned from the data it was trained on and doesn’t retain a memory of previously generated text. As a result, the content generated by ChatGPT may be similar to text developed earlier by other users. So to be sure, you’re using unique content, some tools allow you to check the text generated by ChatGPT against existing content on the internet.
Three popular tools to detect plagiarism include:
1. Copyscape that checks the text generated by ChatGPT against existing content on the internet.
2. Grammarly that includes a plagiarism checker.
3. Quetext that uses advanced algorithms to check your text for plagiarism and can detect even the most subtle similarities between your text and existing content on the internet.
The disadvantages of using ChatGPT to help you create content:
1. Lack of creativity: One of the biggest disadvantages of using a language model like ChatGPT is that it needs to develop original ideas. It can help you with wording and grammar, but you’ll have to provide the idea.
2. Lack of personal touch: Another disadvantage of using a language model is that it needs to add the personal touch that comes with human writing. This can be especially important if you’re a blogger who wants to connect with your readers on a personal level. However, you can add a more personal touch when using ChatGPT to generate content for you, such as providing examples and references from previous works.
3. Limited understanding of context: While a language model like ChatGPT can generate content on a wide range of topics, it may have a different understanding of context than a human writer. This can lead to errors or inaccuracies in the content it generates.
Using a language model like ChatGPT can be a great way to improve the speed and consistency of your blog writing. However, it’s important to be aware of the tool’s limitations and use it in conjunction with your creativity and personal touch.
Have you tried ChatGPT? If so, what did it created for you?