Having pale skin, one of my biggest concerns is the sun. Since a young age, I have worn sunscreen religiously and never suffered a severe sunburn in my life. I’m proud of this and thank my mother for drilling into me since a very young age the dangers of sunburn and long-term sun exposure. Being this cautious of the sun can be a real pain as I have to make sure to wear sunscreen on my face, neck, shoulders and arms every time I step out in the sun.
At the moment these are my two favourite sunscreens:
BECCA for my face
– I don’t feel the sunscreen on my face and can easily wear it all day long
– Unlike other 30+ this sunscreen is easy to apply, streak free and you do not have to cake it on, as a thin layer is perfect
– I use this sunscreen in place of a primer and it works wonders when applied underneath my mineral makeup
– A bottle easily lasts up to 8 months as I use it only for my face
ALDI sunscreen for my body
– I love how this sunscreen is in a pump bottle. Especially when applying it on the body the last thing I want to do is to hold the bottle in my hand. It’s thick and I would not use this on my face unless I was going swimming. It states ‘none greasy’ but I have to wait until it settles on my skin to say that it does not feel greasy.
– I like that it also comes in a large bottle as I use a lot and I am not after a high-end sunscreen. This by no means is cheap and nasty and would sit in the mid price range for a sunscreen of this size.
Update March 2015
Hi Readers, so I’ve decided to change my sunscreen from Becca. I think their service sucks and their sunscreen started to irritate my skin. It was a great lotion when I first used it but after a while, I had to swap. So after going back to the market to trial many different sunscreens. This is the one I have been using since late 2014. It’s from Kit Cosmetics, hasn’t irritated my skin yet and if anything changes I will let you know.
What sunscreen do you use?
Please check out my other skincare posts below: